Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wing Ding


I wasn't able to go - flying solo with the kids this week - but the folks over at CoMo Whine and Dine have a nice rundown of the 20th Annual Easter Seals Wing Ding. I agree, Truman's has some of the best wings in town. Though if the green chili wings at Sports Zone are too spicy for Revee, it gets on my list of things to try.

Update: They don't actually, you know, sell the green chili wings at Sports Zone. That was just for the wings competition. Super. So I ate their very average regular wings, drank a Boulevard Wheat and walked out feeling exactly as losery as you'd expect to feel leaving a bad hotel bar.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You missed out! It was a good time. I was a litle disappointed b/c several of the restaurants ran out early (Willie's, TGI Friday's, Smokin Chicks) but the others made up for it.

Both of Sports Zones wings were too hot for me to handle. They had a regular and the gree chili pepper and I wasn't able to eat either. But I'm a wimp! I order mild or medium most places.

I was greatly impressed by Truman's and Hemingway's were quite good as well; it was obvious their quality of meat was much higher.

Scott said...

Yes, I do like the hot stuff. I try to take that into consideration when recommending things to others. My "mild" is most people's "hot." Oh well, different strokes and all.

Glad it was a good time and I hope it raised a bunch of money for Easter Seals. I need to go next year.