Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Holy crap McDonald's sucks



Hungry and trapped in the car with two kids and staring at two hours on I-70 (not the good half of I-70 mind you, the part that ends with you in Kansas City) I agreed to a Mickey D's drive-thru run. Never a good idea, but a necessary one in times of emergency. We broke the glass.

I have no idea how my 4 year-old's fries were, but mine were edible, if cold. We couldn't eat the hamburgers. It was 4:30 p.m. and my guess is they'd been sitting in the steamer since lunch service. Normally you can count on McDonald's for a tastygross, salt-laden quasi-burger that gets the job done and makes you feel only moderately ill for the rest of the day. Not these bad boys. They were back in the sack faster than you can say corn on the cob. Not only did we feel better than if we'd actually eaten them, our moral superiority-meter got a brief bump.

No comments: